San Francisco, U.S.A. – Today at Microsoft’s Build 2014, Nokia announced three Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone 8.1 and a series of exclusive Nokia features. Nokia confirmed that Windows Phone 8.1 is scheduled to be available across the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 portfolio as an over-the-air update this summer following testing and partner approvals.
– The Nokia Lumia 930 is a flagship smartphone which delivers the best of Microsoft and Lumia for the ultimate video and imaging experience.
- The Nokia Lumia 635 and Nokia Lumia 630 offer an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience and bring Microsoft and Lumia innovations to more affordable prices.
|Nokia Lumia 630|
|Nokia Lumia 635|
- The Nokia Lumia 630 comes in two variants and introduces more choice as the first Lumia with dual-SIM, targeted for growth markets like China and India.
- New devices introduce ‘SensorCore’, which provides innovative low-power motion sensing with Bing Health and Fitness – SensorCore SDK also being piloted with select partners ahead of public release.
- Imaging SDK 1.2 BETA is an updated Nokia Lumia SDK that will enable developers to build the next generation of imaging and social apps.
- The entire Lumia range with Windows Phone 8 will get an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan, which will combine Windows Phone 8.1 and unique Lumia features into one update package.
- Windows Phone 8.1 introduces exciting new features – including more details at glance with LiveTiles, fast Word Flow keyboard and Action Center that help people get closer to things they love.
“Today we are introducing people to the best of Lumia and the best of Microsoft through three stunning devices based on Windows Phone 8.1. In addition to the new developments from Microsoft, Nokia is delivering people an uncompromised imaging experience, great design and better business phones,” said Stephen Elop, executive vice president of Nokia’s Devices & Services. “We’re also pleased to bring the great developments in Windows Phone 8.1 to the Lumia devices people love today.”