21 November, 2012 – Sydney, Australia – Sony Mobile Communications (Sony Mobile) today announced the release of the Xperia TX™ smartphone in Australia, the official smartphone of the James Bond movie SKYFALL.
Xperia TX is the new premium handset from Sony Mobile, providing Sony’s best HD smartphone screen, camera and easy ‘One-touch’ functions enabled by NFC (Near Field Communications). Xperia TX combines Sony’s best screen, camera and connectivity to provide consumers with an outstanding HD experience to enjoy content on any screen, any time.
“Now, Australians can own the same handset as 007. This product integration strategy for Sony Xperia smartphones is a key element of Sony’s smartphone strategy to demonstrate an outstanding user experience across devices, enabling consumers to easily and quickly access the world of entertainment that Sony delivers,” said John Featherstone, Managing Director of Sony Mobile Communications Australia.
Xperia TX features a Razor-sharp 4.6” HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine, a 13MP HD camera, full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for highest quality content.
Xperia TX will be available with Vodafone Australia on the $50 plan and from Sony Centres for $629 (outright) from 28 November 2012.
More entertainment with Sony’s media applications and Music Unlimited
Sony’s media applications (“WALKMAN®”, Album and Movies) combine the best of Sony’s technologies and connect consumers to a variety of entertainment services. They form an integral part of the UI on Xperia smartphones to deliver a consistent and superior entertainment experience.
- Through the “WALKMAN” application, consumers can easily enjoy Sony’s recommended sound in ultimate clarity and presence across the entire spectrum of sound by just activating Sony’s ClearAudio+ mode. A wide variety of music can be accessed from this application, including consumers’ music stored in their PC or Mac computer, a list of songs “liked” by a consumer’s Facebook friends and over 15 million of songs through Music Unlimited.
- The Album application combines an intuitive user interface that enables consumers to view, sort, and share pictures with an ability to consolidate photos posted on social media such as Facebook.
- Consumers can enjoy video content in high picture and sound quality through the Movies application. It also provides movies synopsis from the rich database of Gracenote.
Furthermore, with Album and Movies applications, consumers can remotely enjoy their photos and movie content stored in their home digital media servers.
Xperia TX will come with a free 60 day trial of Sony Entertainment Network’s** cloud-based digital streaming music service Music Unlimited giving consumers the opportunity to subscribe directly from their Xperia and enjoy access to millions and millions of tracks.
‘One-touch’ functions for content sharing Sony is putting NFC at the heart of content sharing through its ‘One-touch’ function, taking NFC beyond the traditional uses such as e-ticketing and payments. Now, consumers can easily and instantaneously enjoy their music and photos across an array of NFC enabled Sony devices, by simply touching one to another to establish a wireless connection without a cumbersome pairing process.
Xperia TX key features
- 4.6” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for razor sharp clarity
- 13MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for the highest quality content
- 3G+ handset capability for faster downloads
- Easy connectivity with ‘One-touch’ function enabled by NFC
- PlayStation™ Certified, for PlayStation Mobile gaming on the go
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra sharp graphics
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Screen Mirroring for wireless sharing on your HDTV via Miracast
- MHL connectivity.
Sony Pictures Motion Picture ‘SKYFALL’ will be released in Australian cinemas from 22nd November. For more information visit http://www.JamesBondSkyfall.com.au or http://www.facebook.com/JamesBondAUS.